Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A little more on my trip

I never have gotten back here to finish writing about my trip. We came home and suffered all kinds of jetlag and sicknesses! We were at the doctor three times and the kids both had bronchitis and we were all on zythromax. The kids went to school one and a half days, then our spring break started on Friday. Then we had a lovely incident of a snake coming up in our shower drain. Peter was in the shower and I was on the phone chatting away to one of my friends. Peter gets out of the shower and tells me, "Get off the phone now... There is a problem." He didn't sound very cheerful either. I went in the bathroom and there is a snake squirming around in the bottom of my shower. I was ready to pass out! Peter ended up killing the snake (by throwing drano and bleach on it). He wasn't about to hack it up. Bailey (our lover of all animals) was in the background sobbing because Peter was trying to kill the snake. 45 minutes later, Peter takes a shovel and removes the snake's body to the driveway. The next day a company called Critter Control came out to do an inspection. They labeled it an isolated incident, as if that is supposed to make me feel better! Today it has been one week and I am took my first shower in my bathroom since the "isolated incident". I did put a large sponge over the drain, although I am being told that probably would make a big difference. Oh, well, it gave me a little piece of mind. By the way, I have showered the past 7 days, just not in that shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment